Fahrenheit Heat tolerant VRLA Batteries
Some Like it Hot!
Beat the heat and reduce cooling costs today. In critical telecommunication and UPS applications, elevated temperatures have always been one of lead-acid battery’s more formidable foes, requiring costly cooling systems installation and constant energy demands. Along with the cost associated in purchasing and installing cooling units, there’s the continual cost and energy loss from powering these systems. Multiply that by every site, and the expense keeps growing. East Penn is introducing the Deka® Fahrenheit™, a revolutionary new battery that will not only beat the heat, but also reduce the cost of these expensive cooling systems.
A breakthrough in a heat-tolerant VRLA monobloc battery design, the new Deka Fahrenheit survives up to 3 times longer in temperatures of 60°C —far beyond the life of a normal VRLA battery. Innovative features through an exclusive Thermal Management Technology System provide a product that significantly reduces the need for outside plant cooling systems to save considerable cost, conserve energy, and reduce the overall sites CO2 footprint.
Exclusive Thermal Management Technology System
● Helios™ Additive – Exclusive additive reduces float current up to 75% enhancing high temperature life
● THT™ Plastic – Specifically formulated heat resistant plastic case and cover optimizes compression
● Microcat® Catalyst – Lowers float current, mitigates thermal buildup and cell dryout
● IPF® Technology – Exclusive process optimizes capacity, cell consistency and long term reliability
● TempX™ Alloy – Optimized positive alloy inhibits corrosion under the highest temperature extremes ● Completely Recyclable – Fully recyclable lead-acid technology to reclaim lead, acid, and plastics